(Publication Practice Counsel™)
Seeking motivated, resourceful, experienced medical writers to join dynamic, growing medical communications company.
Truposha, LLC (dba Publication Practice Counsel™) is a full-service medical communications agency specializing in scientific publications, medical education, process improvement & compliance. We are seeking bright, resourceful, highly motivated and proactive medical writers to join our team of medical communication professionals. If you are interested in using your scientific knowledge to create high quality scientific publications and medical enduring materials, enjoy working in collaborative team environment and being rewarded for outstanding performance, then you've come to the right place and we encourage you to apply to our company.
This position will be responsible for delivery of high-quality scientific publications (manuscripts, congress abstracts, presentations, and posters) and medical education materials (eg, slide decks, medical Q&A, congress summaries, etc.) within hematology/oncology and/or diabetes areas. Critical competencies include strong medical writing and editorial skills, and effectively working with team members.
- Produce high-quality scientific publications per author input and directions
- Participate and lead teleconferences with authors/clients, as needed
- Develop medical education materials that are on target per client needs and directions
- Conduct literature searches, create overviews of disease state, assess competitor landscape, etc.
- Critically appraise and apply knowledge gained from the medical/scientific literature
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams, including Scientific Communication leads, medical writers, graphic designers, and copyeditors
- Able to work on multiple projects across accounts, and within tight timelines
- Maintain scientific and clinical accuracy of all deliverables with attention to detail - fact checking, annotation, and referencing
- Ensure that publication activities are according to clients’ policies/SOP and industry standards for authorship and good publication practices (eg, ICMJE, GPP3)
- Degree in a scientific discipline. Advanced degree is preferred (i.e., MS, PharmD, PhD)
- 4-7 years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry and/or medical communication company as a medical writer
- Experience in hematology/oncology and/or diabetes
- Strong medical writing and editorial skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple projects; ability to multitask, be proactive, and work both independently and collaboratively with team
- Understand the clinical development process, especially clinical study data and outcome measures in hematology/oncology and/or diabetes
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate complex medical/scientific information
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective professional communications, aiming to cultivate strong working relationships with both internal team members and clients/customers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required, as well as familiarity and working knowledge of key software applications relevant to publication planning and implementation (e.g., EndNote, literature search indices, journal databases, etc.). Familiarity with Datavision a plus!
- Level of position and salary commensurate with experience
Location: Remote work
Job Type: Part-time, 6-month contract with potential for extension or full-time employment